We believe safe, well-timed surgery is an essential health service that should be accessible to all families. Since 1982, we’ve provided free surgery to hundreds of thousands of patients who have suffered from cleft lip, cleft palate or other dental and facial conditions. We’re hiring talented people who want to join in our vision. Explore our job openings to be a part of our team.
Is Operation Smile a good fit for me?
You should pursue a career at Operation Smile if you:
- Are passionate. Passion for our vision, passion for making a difference in the world around you and passion for what you do.
- Have proven skills. Operation Smile offers a professional and fun environment. We’re fortunate to attract some of the best and brightest candidates. Successful candidates not only share our passion but they also have incredible experiences as well.
- You want to be part of something bigger. No matter what department, position or location in the world, Operation Smile employees can go home at night knowing they contributed to something of lasting significance.
Where in the world are our employees?
Headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia, U.S., we have a variety of opportunities available in the areas of:
- International Programs
- Research, Metrics & Evaluation
- Student Programs
- Quality Assurance
- Medical Outcomes
- Marketing & Communications
- Donor Care/Donor Database
- Information Technology
Occasionally we will have positions located strategically throughout the U.S. for field-based positions, as well international field-based opportunities to support our medical missions and programs worldwide. The majority of international positions are filled by internal candidates.
Operation Smile is an equal opportunity employer.
- Employee Newsletter
- Monthly Birthday & Anniversary Celebrations
- High Five Awards
- Secret Pals
- Holiday (real or made up) Celebrations
Operation Smile recognizes the commitment of its employees and provides a highly competitive benefits package. Our goal is to make sure each employee has the resources they need to manage their health and financial well-being.
Full time, US-based employees are eligible for the following benefits*:
- 100% paid premiums for Health(HMO) and Dental plans
- 100% paid premiums for Life and AD&D insurances
- 100% paid premiums for Short- and Long-Term Disability benefits
- Company paid Holidays
- 15 days of Paid Time Off during first year of employment
- 401(k) plan with Safe Harbor and Employer Matching
- Personal Travel Insurance for positions that travel internationally
*Some benefits may require completing an eligibility period.
- Qualified family members may be added to Health and Dental plans
- Supplemental Vision plan
- Legal Resources plan
- Additional Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)